Below are the required elements of the Unit 3 Assignment:
- Abstract: One paragraph summary and overview of the final project-overview (half page)
- Introduction: Problem Statement
- Provide a statement of the problem(s) your program is addressing.
- Define the target population your program will be serving.
- Explain the related social problem(s), the area of Â practice/concentration, agency setting, and geographical location-local, Â state, national, global, virtual (half page)
- Literature Review: The literature review summarizes Â current peer-reviewed research on the research problem or topic. It Â explores the cause, risk factors, background history and theoretical Â perspectives related to the problem and the proposed program.
Part I: The Problem
- Significant and Relevance: Does the research support the problem Â statement? Does it confirm, expand or refute your problem statement?
- Etiology: Causes and risk factors related to the problem. Cultural, Â Social, Political and Religious Values and Practices Affecting the Â Problem, including any ethical or legal issues.
- Social and economic costs to society related to the problem. (One and a half pages)
Part II: The Program
- Provide a background history on the program or if a new program, Â background history on relevant or similar programs. What programs Â currently exist? Where are there gaps in the system? How does your Â program fulfill an unmet need or gap for the target population, in the Â service delivery system and service area? (One and a half pages.) (This Â part of the Assignment relates to the Unit 3 Discussion.)
The assignment should be a minimum of 4 pages (excluding title and Â reference page), with at least 4 scholarly academic references in the Â literature review.