المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية اإللكترونية
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Decision Making and Problem Solving (MGT 312)
Due Date: 16/04/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Decision Making and Problem Student’s Name:
Course Code: MGT312
Student’s ID Number:
For Instructor’s Use only
Marks Obtained/Out of 10
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated
Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced
for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
Late submission will NOT be accepted.
Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other
resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No
pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1. Explain and apply critical thinking and cognitive psychology as it pertains to
analyze and synthesize information for problem solving and decision making.
2. Demonstrate decision tools and employ appropriate analytical business models to
break down complex issues. (C.L.O :2.2)
3. Demonstrate effective leadership skills and teamwork capacity for efficient
decision making with the problem owners and other stakeholders as either a team
member or a team leader.. (C.L.O :3.1)
Assignment Instructions for Part-I:
• Log in to Saudi Digital Library (SDL) via University’s website
• On first page of SDL, choose “English Databases”
• From the list find and click on EBSCO database.
• In the search bar of EBSCO find the following article:
Date of Publication:
Harvard Business Review
Read the article titled as “Better Brainstorming” by Hal Gregersen, published in
Harvard Business Review, and answer the following Questions:
1. Summarize the article and explain the main issues discussed in the article. Discuss
the three steps of ‘Question burst’ in brainstorming in relation with the text you
learnt in the course. (In 600-700 words)
Part-II- Critical Thinking Question
2. “Critical thinking is the opposite of creative thinking.” Do you agree? Provide
examples of why you agree or disagree.
(Words 200-400; Marks 3)
3. Suppose you are a member of a group asked to find ways to cut costs throughout
your organization for the upcoming year. Sales have fallen sharply, and the
company is in danger of going out of business. After gathering information, your
group concludes that the company will save the most money by freezing pay for a
year, despite a tradition of annual salary increases. How can you make sure this is
a fair decision? How can you make sure that others in the organization will see it
as a fair decision?
(Words 300-400; Marks 3)
1. Answer2. Answer3. Answer-
Purchase answer to see full