1. How is attachment formation in
infancy related to friendship formation?
2. Which of the following happens to a
rejected child in the process of social skill development?
3. In middle childhood, children are
aware of social norms for peer acceptance. This results in greater pressures
4. Why are “best friend”
relationships important in middle childhood?
5. What is the difference between peer
acceptance and having a “best friend” relationship?
6. Which of the following increases a child’s sense of
7. Which of the following is a
characteristic of withdrawn children who have strong feelings of loneliness?
8. What is a common characteristic of
children who are victims of bullying?
9. Through ___________, children begin
to appreciate the logic, order, and predictability of the physical world.
10. According to Piaget’s Theory, an
action or transformation that is carried out in thought rather than in action
11. When a child understands that physical
matter does not change in quantity despite changes in form or container, she
should be able to do which of the following types of problems?
12. The ability to group objects according
to some dimension they share is called
13. The ability to order subgroups in a
hierarchy is an ability related to
14. Metacognition includes
15. One of the most critical intellectual
skills that is developed and elaborated during middle childhood is
16. Why are skills the basis of
17. How might the cultural context
influence a child’s ability to read?
18. Self-evaluation takes place in two
contexts. What are they?